Go To Search
Click to Home
City of Belleville
101 S. Illinois St.
Belleville, IL 62220
Ph: 618-233-6810

Explanation of Changes to Your Sewer Bill

On July 18, 2016 the City Council passed Ordinance # 7970-2016 amending Chapter 38-3-1 and 38-3-3 of the City Code. This was due to Illinois American Water converting water meters that recorded usage in CCF (100 Cubic Feet or 748 gallons) to CGL (100 Gallons). With the addition of a second unit of measure and different rates charged for each, it is necessary to notate which unit of measure users are being billed for.

Shown below is an example account that has recently had its meter converted from CCF to CGL. The original meter service description is listed as “INRESCCF” (In Town Residential CCF). The new meter service description is “INRESCGL” (In Town Residential CGL). This is more descriptive than the previous description of “SEWER”. The meter readings and units of measure can be confirmed by comparing the information stated on your Illinois American Water bill.

Sample Sewer Bill
Sample Sewer Bill

For the month that the change in meters occurs, it will be necessary to credit the amount of the base charge due to billing two separate rates that include base charges. This credit line will report no usage and will be represented by the amount of the base charge as a credit to the total user fees. 

The location of your service address and type of account will determine what service description will reflect on your bill.  Below is a list of the service descriptions that will be used on sewer bills going forward. 

INRESCCF – In Town Residential CCF
INCOMCCF – In Town Commercial CCF
OUTRESCCF – Out of Town Residential CCF
OUTCOMCCF – Out of Town Commercial CCF
INRESCGL – In Town Residential CGL
INCOMCGL – In Town Commercial CGL
OUTRESCGL – Out of Town Residential CGL
OUTCOMCGL – Out of Town Commercial CGL

If you have any questions regarding the changes to your sewer bill or the billing of your account, the Sewer Billing Department is prepared to answer any questions.  You can reach them at (618) 233-6518, Ext. 1246.