Beginning Monday, Aug. 31, the City of Belleville is offering free surgical face masks to residents who live in Belleville. The city has 85,500 masks, and residents may each receive two masks which are available for pick-up at various locations throughout the city. Those locations include:
- City Hall, 101 S. Illinois St.;
- Fire House #4, 1125 S. Illinois St.;
- Parks & Recreation, 510 W. Main St.;
- Community and General Assistance Office, 512 W. Main St.;
- Residential and Commercial Development Services, 407 E. Lincoln St.; and
- Belleville Police Department, 720 W. Main St.
For residents who are unable to travel to one of the above locations, aldermen in each ward will arrange to deliver masks to the resident’s home. For a list of aldermen and contact information, visit: www.belleville.net/317/City-Council-Elected-Officials.
For residents who intend to stop by and pick up masks at any of the above listed city locations, masks are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, during the building’s regularly scheduled operating hours. The masks will be located for pick-up in each building’s vestibule to ensure contactless pick-up. For more information, contact the City Clerk’s Office at 618-233-6810.
These masks were provided by the St. Clair County Emergency Management Agency.