Security Checks for Residences & Businesses

The Belleville Police Department provides a free residence or business watch service to residents of the City of Belleville.

When you are planning to be away from your home or business for an extended period of time, you can request that the Belleville Police Department check on your residence or business by completing a Request for Residential or Business Security Check Form. Completed forms can be emailed, mailed, or hand delivered. 

Be sure you include the dates you will be gone and who to contact in the event you cannot be reached.  You are also encouraged to make arrangements with a family member, friend, or neighbor to check on your home or business while you are away. List the names of any person(s) that will have permission to be in the residence during your absence.

Once your request is received, patrol officers will periodically check on your home or business. Officers may walk around the residence or building to see if there has been a forced entry or any damage. Although this is not a guarantee that your home or business will not be damaged or burglarized, it can provide some added peace of mind. 

Once the form is completed, it can be emailed to or mailed/dropped off at 720 W. Main Street, Belleville, IL  62220.