A Message From the Mayor
The city is busy preparing for the busiest fall and winter season yet!
Please join us as we pay tribute to veterans at our 21st Annual Veterans Day Ceremony on November 11th at 11:00 a.m. on the Public Square. We are proud to host this wonderful event in honor of the many men and women who serve our country.
We hope you enjoy our holiday events, including the Downtown Trick-or-Treat event on Friday, October 25th, the largest Christmas parade in southern Illinois the day after Thanksgiving, our month-long Christkindlmarkt, and Santa on the Public Square, horse-drawn trolley rides, and the Ringing of the Bells on January 1, 2020 at Noon on the Public Square by Curt's Clock.
Construction continues on the W. Main Streetscape from 6th St. to 12th St. Road improvements are planned for N. 42nd and N. 39th Streets, as well. Raab Ave. and Forest Ave. from E. Monroe St. to E. McKinley St. will be greatly improved before June 30, 2020. Belleville Crossing St. will receive a new street overlay. Numerous house demolitions will be accomplished over the next six months.
We are excited to see new development and the reinvestment of many properties in our city! Here are some recent economic development happenings. For a more detailed list, please visit our New Developments page.
Downtown facade/building renovations include:
• Circa Boutique at 128 E. Main St.
• Friday's South at 624 S. Illinois St.
• Hospice of Southern Illinois at 305 and 333 S. Illinois St.
• Margaritas Restaurant at 117 E. Main St.
• Nester Realty at 12 E. Main St.
East end new developments/building renovations include:
• Ashland Storage Centers East at 653 Carlyle Ave.
• Fieldstone Apartments under construction at Carlyle Ave. and Coyote Run
• Larkspur Properties - Belleville Storage Facility at 120 Carlyle Plaza Dr.
• Schnucks relocates to 800 Carlyle Ave.
West end new developments/building renovations include:
• Rainstorm Car Wash at 5600 N. Belt West
• The Villas of Holly Brook Assisted Living and Memory Care Center under construction at Frank Scott Parkway and S. 11th St.
• Yaekel & Associates Insurance Services completes expansion at 1915 W. Main St.
In closing, please remember to Buy in Belleville, and help stimulate and strengthen our economy. The sales tax revenue you generate when you Buy in Belleville helps to create and sustain jobs, support vital services such as police and fire protection, and maintain roads, parks, and trails in our city.